Building gst-rtsp-server-1.4.3 for android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Oct 22 00:43:36 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-10-16 at 11:14 +0600, Дмитрий В. Середа wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to build gst-rtsp-server-1.4.3 for android, and run into troubles while doing this.
> My first attempt was straight way to build gst-rtsp-server using cerbero, but cerbero has
> failed saying it need glib-2.0. Gstreamer sdk build has failed with same error.
>
> My second attempt is idea to build using configure & make. It fail with surprise that
> gstreamer sdk for android offers only gstreamer-0.10, and it is too old version for
> gst-rtsp-server-1.4.3.

The "GStreamer SDK" you get from gstreamer.com has nothing to do with
the GStreamer project and unfortunately only delivers 0.10 binaries.
gstreamer.com is managed by some companies.

You can get official GStreamer 1.x binaries from the GStreamer project
at http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.4.3/

These also already include gst-rtsp-server.

> Now i have three things to do:
> 1. Ask you how i can build gstreamer-sdk-1.0 for adnroid, and why cerbero fail while
> checking for glib-2.0?

I assume you're using the cerbero from gstreamer.com. That's not going
to work :) Try the version from here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/cerbero/

Also check the README file in there for instructions how to build. The
package you have to build is called "gstreamer-1.0" instead of
"gstreamer-sdk".