gstreamer-android on x86

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Dec 1 00:27:32 PST 2015

On Di, 2015-12-01 at 17:23 +0900, Jisoo Kim wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to build a movie player based on gstreamer android, x86
> processor (Intel Z3835F).
> I want to play an mp4 media file whose video codec is h264/avc but
> gstreamer printed below:
> Then just play (never seek) was well but when i jumped to any
> position of media, gstreamer printed below:
> "Error received from element amcvideodec-omxintelhwvdh264-n: No valid
> frames decoded before end of stream"
> Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information about x86-based
> plugins. How could i play a .mp4 media file (h264/avc)?
>
> What did I miss?

Nothing probably, it seems like this specific Intel hardware does not
provide slice_height and otherwise also has some issues.

Can you report a bug at
  https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer
with your patch for the slice_height? Also please provide more
information about the hardware and a GStreamer debug log with
"2,amc*:6" to get some more information about what exactly happens
here.