Doubts about android audio recording with gstreamer-android!

daniel silva ferreira bruno dsfbstudent at yahoo.com.br
Mon Dec 14 03:09:43 PST 2015

Hi, Sebastian.
Thanks for your answer.I don't know an answer for your question, but I hope to know it in the future.
Best Regards,Daniel S. F. Bruno

 Em Segunda-feira, 14 de Dezembro de 2015 6:44, Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com> escreveu:

 On Sa, 2015-12-12 at 11:47 +0000, daniel silva ferreira bruno wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I liked to know if gstreamer-android can record all output audio in
> an android device (e.g., smartphone/tablet). If yes, then I liked to
> know if gstreamer-android can record output audio, from
> headphones/earphones, in an android device. If yes, for the two last
> questions, then I liked to know if it is valid for all android
> devices supported by gstreamer-android (with respect to the minimum
> android version, or the minimum android api version, required by
> gstreamer-android).
>
> And, I liked to know if gstreamer-android can record audio, in
> background context, in an android device.

Not sure I understand your questions, they all seem to be the same? You
want to know if GStreamer can capture the audio that is output by your
device (i.e. capture what would be output on the speakers/headphone)?
If so, then the answer is no. It can currently only capture whatever is
available via the OpenSL ES API provided by Android, which is only
microphone at this point.
Is there any public Android API that allows to capture all the audio
the device is outputting?