Android Studio 1.4 support?

Diane Cordero dcordero at sbimagingsystems.com
Wed Oct 21 11:24:09 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

With the release of Android Studio 1.4, there is now NDK support! What is the proper way to add the GStreamer SDK to my project? I am migrating from Eclipse and there seems to be no documentation on this.

I am running

*         Ubuntu 14.04

*         Android Studio 1.4

*         GStreamer 1.4.3

*         Gradle 2.5 using experimental build 0.2.0

I've tried adding the GSTREAMER_ROOT_ANDROID as an environment variable, no luck. The .c code does not compile. I've tried adding Gradle tasks and I get make errors (unsure if related to GStreamer) as well as GStreamer compilation errors:

make: -n: Command not found
/bin/sh: 0: Illegal option -
Streamer      : [GEN] => gst-build-armeabi/gstreamer_android.c

/bin/sh: 1: i: not found
make: [genstatic_armeabi] Error 127 (ignored)
/bin/sh: 1: i: not found
make: [genstatic_armeabi] Error 127 (ignored)
/bin/sh: 1: i: not found
make: [genstatic_armeabi] Error 127 (ignored)
/bin/sh: 1: i: not found
make: [genstatic_armeabi] Error 127 (ignored)

GStreamer      : [COMPILE] => gst-build-armeabi/gstreamer_android.c

gst-build-armeabi/gstreamer_android.c:15:2: error: stray '@' in program
  @PLUGINS_DECLARATION@
  ^
gst-build-armeabi/gstreamer_android.c:15:22: error: stray '@' in program