Hardware deinterlacing on Android?

Kentaro Yamamoto kentauta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 05:56:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

First of all, impressive work on the recent enablement of zero-copy
hardware-accelerated video playback !!

I managed to get zero-copy h.264 playback working with my custom element +
deocdebin + queue + autovideosink using the workaround Grégoire came up
with :
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-android/2016-February/001073.html
.

Now my last piece in the puzzle is hardware deinterlacing.  Does any have
any clue?  On PC Linux, that's fairly easy with vaapi elements, but it's
not clear tome how it can be done on Android.  I tried inserting
gldeiterlace between queue and autovideosink, but gstreamer complains there
is no such an element..

I am using GStreamer 1.8.2 on Android 5.1.1.

Thanks,

Kentaro

--
Kentaro Yamamoto