decreasing video playback start time

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Oct 5 07:13:24 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 11:20 -0500, Bryan Noll wrote:

> There are dozens of other places where time is lost, but in
> milliseconds, not full seconds as this second log snippet shows.
>
> Based on this profiling information do you have thoughts of next
> steps?  Is there another way that you would perhaps suggest profiling
> the playbin pipeline?
>
> Thanks for your help so far,

The logs are not really a profiling tool, and it seems like whatever is
done in those 5s is happening outside GStreamer.

Without having a way to reproduce this on our side, you'll have to dig
deeper yourself here. And check what exactly is being done between
those two calls (more context of the debug log, and a GST_LEVEL_LOG
debug log would help), what happens inside Android at that time, or
what other things your application itself is doing.