[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.9 'I walk the line'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jul 14 09:31:38 PDT 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.9 'I walk the line'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-base.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-base]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.9 "I walk the line"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
* Subtitle fixes
* Support for images in tags
* Playback improvements
* Gnomevfssrc now supports burn:// uris
* Videoscale now supports more RGBA formats
* Multifdsink improvements
* Testsuite can now generate coverage information
Bugs fixed in this release
* 347296 : Problems with clocks on alsasrc hangs the application
* 347295 : [vorbisdec] Pushes before being initialized
* 329798 : [playbin] doesn't always give correct error message for m...
* 342085 : [alsasink] doesn't set buffer-time correctly
* 342789 : [audioresample] doesn't clear state when stopped, causing...
* 343303 : [subparse] workaround for bad entities in sami parser
* 343385 : [gnomevfs] add support for burn:// URIs
* 343500 : [riff] gst_riff_parse_strf_vids() can't parse extra data.
* 343699 : oggmux leaks
* 344503 : [subparse] parse font face property in sami parser.
* 345131 : [PATCH] videoscale support for 32-bit RGB-formats
* 345206 : [textoverlay] crash with non-UTF8 input
* 345225 : [theoradec] Clipping for exact seeking
* 345641 : [API] [libgsttag] add enums for image tag type
* 345879 : [riff] won't play a .wmv file with WMVA video stream
* 346581 : [typefinding] recognise text/html
* 347514 : vorbisenc test often fails under valgrind
* 347221 : [audioconvert] channel remapping does not work right
* 347304 : Massive leaks with xvimagesink
* 346527 : alsasrc get_range does not respect requested size
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Andy Wingo
* Cody Russell
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Lutz Mueller
* Michael Sheldon
* Michael Smith
* Philip Jaegenstedt
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Young-Ho Cha
More information about the Gstreamer-announce