[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.9 'Steam Train Rolling'
thaytan at noraisin.net
thaytan at noraisin.net
Thu Jul 31 15:24:48 PDT 2008
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Good Plug-ins 0.10.9 'Steam Train Rolling'.
GStreamer Good Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good
quality code and correct functionality, under our preferred license (LGPL for
the plug-in code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-good.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-good
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Good Plug-insÂ 0.10.9 "Steam Train Rolling"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Good Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"Such ingratitude. After all the times I've saved your life."
A collection of plug-ins you'd want to have right next to you on the
battlefield. Shooting sharp and making no mistakes, these plug-ins have it
all: good looks, good code, and good licensing. Documented and dressed up
in tests. If you're looking for a role model to base your own plug-in on,
here it is.
If you find a plot hole or a badly lip-synced line of code in them,
let us know - it is a matter of honour for us to ensure Blondie doesn't look
like he's been walking 100 miles through the desert without water.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that we consider to have good quality
code, correct functionality, our preferred license (LGPL for the plug-in
code, LGPL or LGPL-compatible for the supporting library).
We believe distributors can safely ship these plug-ins.
People writing elements should base their code on these elements.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Replaygain elements moved from Bad
* Interleave/Deinterleave elements moved from Bad
* Pulseaudio plugin http://pulseaudio.org is now integrated
* New simple Karaoke audio effect plugin
* Improvements in v4l2src
* Multi-channel FLAC file fixes
* AVI and Quicktime reverse playback support
* AVI and Matroska muxing improvements
* New element for rendering SMPTE transitions into alpha channels
* Many improvements in the Win32 directdraw elements
* Error out cleanly for encrypted streams
* RTP/UDP handling improvements
* RTSP digest authentatication implemented.
* New RTP Pay/Depay-loaders for Speex, G.729, DV & raw video/audio
* Error concealment for Speex
* Many other bug-fixes and enhancements
Bugs fixed in this release
* 541787 : incorrect timestamp
* 413705 : [PLUGINS MOVE] gst-plugins-good contails GPL'ed libcdio p...
* 345393 : Missing documentation
* 400679 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] pulse-gst to -good
* 422917 : G729 payloader/depayloader
* 429322 : [matroska-demux] hangs if file starts at non-zero timestamp
* 465146 : Add more complete negotiation to gstrtpbasepayload
* 469917 : multiudpsink IPv6 and diffserv TOS/TC markup
* 499318 : [osxvideosink] warnings on build (ppc, 64bit, 10.4)
* 503288 : rtph264pay does not split multiple NAL units in incoming ...
* 511489 : avimux muxed audio and video out of sync
* 512345 : gstalpha: chroma-key should not set alpha to 0 if brightn...
* 515962 : [udp] add ipv6 support to multiudpsink and udpsrc, add mu...
* 516509 : gstid3v2mux.cc build failure on Solaris, CFLAGS not valid...
* 519301 : avimux fails when going from NULL to playing a second time
* 519460 : 8 bytes missing in AVI streamheader
* 520092 : v4l2src proposed patches
* 520885 : directdrawsink has some issues
* 527865 : [PATCH] [matroskademux] uses wrong colourspace for palett...
* 529454 : [udpsrc] generates false error on win32 due to ICMP dest-...
* 529692 : [goom] fails to build on Windows with mingw32
* 529707 : [rtp] fails to build on Windows with mingw32
* 530886 : Support more mpeg2 variants in .mov files
* 531532 : rtspsrc leaks filedescriptors when gst_rtspsrc_open fails
* 531672 : [qtdemux] does not handle files with edit lists correctly...
* 532295 : gconf setting default audio sink to video default visualizer
* 532393 : [dvdec] Shouldn't be GST_RANK_PRIMARY
* 532409 : RTP payload/depayloader for G.729
* 532423 : RTP payload/depayloader for DV
* 533264 : Make v4l2 compile without X
* 533619 : udpsink dies when Linux fails (for no reason) sendto() wi...
* 535121 : [videomixer] proper seek/segment handling
* 535300 : [avidemux] missing support for reverse playback.
* 535935 : [qtdemux] Missing metadata
* 536228 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] Move interleave/deinterleave to gst-plugins...
* 536317 : [v4l2src] Doesn't compile with latest git kernel
* 536646 : v4l2src doesn't pick the optimal resolution
* 536831 : v4l2src == non-experimental
* 536903 : udpsrc now assumes one is using multicast
* 537021 : [cdio] does not extract album title from CD-TEXT
* 537031 : Enhancement to SunAudio mixer plugin
* 537361 : videomixer segment handler fail
* 537377 : Gstreamer avidemux fails on avi files with non-AV data st...
* 537622 : [matroskademux] Doesn't export covers (file attachments)
* 537675 : rtp vorbis/theora payloader static caps don't specify del...
* 537832 : rtsp is broken
* 539372 : udpsrc do not set port properly on anonymous binding
* 539548 : [udpsrc] Fails to bind with permission denied when trying...
* 540067 : souphttpsrc does not support http authentication
* 540300 : [souphttpsrc] souphttpsrc does not seek ahead in http stream
* 540940 : Quicktime demuxer does not handle dirac in QT files
* 541081 : [v4l2src] Doesn't compile with on old kernel
* 541384 : cross mingw32 gcc: making goom compile
* 541412 : cross mingw32 gcc: making libgstrtp plugin compile
* 541650 : udpsrc fails to parse URI with IPv6 address
* 541956 : v4l2src only requests interlaced video
* 542410 : qtdemux not recognizing pcm 8bit streams correctly
* 543054 : [osxvideosink] minor build issue
* 543255 : -Wno-attributes does not exist in every gcc version
* 543259 : warning in gstv4l2src.c due to an uninitialized variable
* 543300 : [qtdemux] [PATCH] wrong depth in RLE video caps and wrong...
* 543406 : [PLUGIN-MOVE] move replaygain elements to -good
* 544509 : [qtdemux] Regression in segment.stop
* 539482 : [avidemux] Doesn't parse vprp ODML header
* 544433 : Some -good plugins aren't buildable with MSVC
* 536994 : Improve v4l2src negotiation a bit more
* 329198 : GStreamer-CRITICAL: gst_pad_activate_pull: assertion `old...
* 532065 : Implement RTSP Digest authentication
* 533287 : Mapping of mime types to gst names in multipartdemux
* 538891 : G.726 pay/depayloader is missing
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-good in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Alessandro Decina
* Bastien Nocera
* Benjamin Kampmann
* Benoit Fouet
* Brian Cameron
* Bruno Santos
* Christian Schaller
* Damien Lespiau
* Daniel Drake
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Gustaf RÃ¤ntilÃ¤
* Haakon Sporsheim
* Henrik Eriksson
* Jan Gerber
* Jan Schmidt
* Jason Donenfeld
* JesÃºs Corrius
* Julien Moutte
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Mersad Jelacic
* Michael Smith
* Ole AndrÃ© Vadla RavnÃ¥s
* Olivier Crete
* Patrick Radizi
* Peter Kjellerstedt
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Sebastian Keller
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Tero Saarni
* Thiago Sousa Santos
* Thijs Vermeir
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Tomasz Grobelny
* William M. Brack
* Wim Taymans
* Wouter Cloetens
* Youness Alaoui
More information about the Gstreamer-announce