[gst-announce] RELEASE: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.17 'Anny bobany'
thaytan at noraisin.net
Mon Nov 16 17:54:18 PST 2009
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Bad Plug-ins 0.10.17 'Anny bobany'.
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins is a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to
the rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing
something - be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a
real live maintainer, or some actual wide use.
For more information, see http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-bad.html
To file bugs, go to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-bad
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Bad Plug-insÂ 0.10.17 "Anny bobany"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Bad Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
"That an accusation?"
No perfectly groomed moustache or any amount of fine clothing is going to
cover up the truth - these plug-ins are Bad with a capital B.
They look fine on the outside, and might even appear to get the job done, but
at the end of the day they're a black sheep. Without a golden-haired angel
to watch over them, they'll probably land in an unmarked grave at the final
Don't bug us about their quality - exercise your Free Software rights,
patch up the offender and send us the patch on the fastest steed you can
steal from the Confederates. Because you see, in this world, there's two
kinds of people, my friend: those with loaded guns and those who dig.
This module contains a set of plug-ins that aren't up to par compared to the
rest. They might be close to being good quality, but they're missing something
- be it a good code review, some documentation, a set of tests, a real live
maintainer, or some actual wide use. If the blanks are filled in they might be
upgraded to become part of either gst-plugins-good or gst-plugins-ugly,
depending on the other factors.
If the plug-ins break, you can't complain - instead, you can fix the
problem and send us a patch, or bribe someone into fixing them for you.
New contributors can start here for things to work on.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
Features of this release
* Fix DVD playback
* New elements: DTMF tone source and detector
* ASS subtitle support improvements
* Fix compilation on OS/X Snow Leopard
* Support DVB 3.3 API
* Inputselector fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 602106 : Bad atom size calculation
* 574434 : [camerabin] Changing default video/audio source for Windows
* 584361 : gppmux Support for 3gr6
* 586929 : [midi] Doesn't handle push
* 595161 : [mpegtsdemux] Internal dataflow problem with some streams.
* 598552 : faac: Clean up defaults
* 598763 : New plugin: aiffmux
* 598808 : mpegpsmux: Fix CLFAGS typo and reorder flags
* 599050 : [mpegvideoparse] Does not check width/height range
* 599469 : resindvd: problems pre-rolling in the absence of audio
* 600454 : aacparse detecting aac file as mpegversion=2 instead of 4
* 600461 : [zbar] Over-eager detection of barcodes
* 600662 : [assrender] Doesn't synchronize subtitle buffers
* 600707 : autoconvert depends on function from core 0.10.26
* 600724 : celt: fails to build against celt-0.7
* 599903 : Scaletempo plugin stops early when playing slowly
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-bad in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Bastian Hecht
* Chris Hills
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Gabriel Millaire
* Jan Schmidt
* Julien Isorce
* Michael Smith
* Olivier CrÃªte
* RenÃ© Stadler
* Robert Swain
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Teemu Katajisto
* Thiago Santos
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Tommi MyÃ¶hÃ¤nen
* Wim Taymans
More information about the Gstreamer-announce