GStreamer 1.0 release plan

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 10:40:46 PDT 2012

Hi all,

just a quick update on what the plan for the GStreamer 1.0 release is
now.

We've decided to release 1.0.0 in time for GNOME 3.6, so September 17-24th
at the very latest. However, in case GNOME decides to stick to 0.10
after all for some reason, we might decide to take a bit longer.

In the mean time there will be more 0.11.9x release candidates.

At this point we only expect miniscule API tweaks, most of which should
affect plugin API rather than application API.

See you all on the other side!

 Cheers
  -Tim