[gstreamer-bugs] [Bug 576563] pidgin crashes on exit in gst_plugin_ext_dep_free()
bugzilla-daemon at bugzilla.gnome.org
Tue Mar 24 06:46:32 PDT 2009
If you have any questions why you received this email, please see the text at
the end of this email. Replies to this email are NOT read, please see the text
at the end of this email. You can add comments to this bug at:
GStreamer | gstreamer (core) | Ver: 0.10.22
------- Comment #2 from Götz Waschk 2009-03-24 13:47 UTC -------
I'll check the patch. Yes, pidgin explicitly disables forking:
/* By default, gstreamer forks when you initialize it, and waitpids for the
* child. But if libpurple reaps the child rather than leaving it to
* gstreamer, gstreamer's initialization fails. So, we wait a second before
* reaping child processes, to give gst a chance to reap it if it wants to.
* This is not needed in later gstreamers, which let us disable the forking.
* And, it breaks the world on some Real Unices.
See http://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=email.html for more info about why you received
this email, why you can't respond via email, how to stop receiving
emails (or reduce the number you receive), and how to contact someone
if you are having problems with the system.
You can add comments to this bug at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576563.
More information about the Gstreamer-bugs