[Bug 638168] textoverlay: don't return wrong-state when stopping while in text chain
bugzilla at gnome.org
Mon May 14 12:22:06 PDT 2012
GStreamer | gst-plugins-base | unspecified
--- Comment #30 from Thiago Sousa Santos <thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.co.uk> 2012-05-14 19:22:00 UTC ---
This last patch I attached at comment 29 reduces the delay when switching
subtitles, but it still takes too long.
For example, switching the subtitles at video from Comment 6 at 6s makes the
subtitles disappear and only appear again at 14s, that's a lot.
What happens from input-selector:
0) Subtitle-0 is active, pushing buffers (there is a buffer already at
textoverlay, another stored at subqueue and another one blocked while waiting
to enter the subqueue, so input-selector is always 3 buffers behind)
1) Subtitle-0 buffer pushed with ts=11s
2) Switch to subtitle-1 (video on screen is still at 6s)
3) Subtitles disappear at screen
4) input-selector closes the current segment by pushing a newsegment with
5) subtitle-1 pushes a buffer with ts=11s (gets dropped at textoverlay)
6) subtitle-1 pushes a buffer with ts=14s (rendered, finally!)
* The stream closes at 14s when switching because oggdemux sends some kind of
synchronization newsegment and input selector keeps that event.
So far I don't have an idea of how to make it switch faster, comments are
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the gstreamer-bugs