[Bug 635256] alsasrc: suggestion for improvement of timestamping accuracy for alsa (and others) sound
bugzilla at gnome.org
Thu May 24 05:57:41 PDT 2012
GStreamer | gst-plugins-base | 0.10.x
--- Comment #44 from Wim Taymans <wim.taymans at gmail.com> 2012-05-24 12:57:30 UTC ---
It is too broken:
* 0.10 version breaks ABI
* 0.11 missing audiobasesrc code.
* 0.11 version should simply add the *timestamp to existing read methods.
* In gst_audio_base_src_create() the base_time is not taken into account.
* gst_audio_ring_buffer_read() can read over multiple segments, it seems the
timestamp of the last segment is used, not the first (which should be closer
the real value). You might want to adjust the timestamp with the amount of
bytes relative to the segment.
* the ringbuffer timestamp array is leaked
* a timestamp of -1 (instead of 0) should be used when the subclass doesn't
provide a timestamp. This is because 0 can be a valid clock time.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the gstreamer-bugs