[gst-devel] Question abou new state code...

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Mon Aug 21 21:07:28 CEST 2000

"Myers W. Carpenter" wrote:

>         Does the new state code that broke everything now allow you to add and
> delete elements on the fly?

Yes. In fact the old state code could handle that too, except now
the API is much cleaner and the new state mechanism can handle a different
plugin concept we need to adopt soon (cothreads).

As an example of dynamic plugging, I suggest taking a look at gstplay
which uses a handcoded version of type detection to setup the pipeline
while data is streaming.

Expect autoplugging soon too. I have something that works and that can
automatically configure a pipeline based on the typedetection code.

Wim

--
Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed
down-stairs a step at a time.