[gst-devel] Clock sync

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at tvd.be
Mon Feb 21 23:30:21 CET 2000

Erik,

How is the sync supposed to work? We currently create an audio and
video pad in the mp1parse test program.

I currently set the start time of the video in the PLAYING state change.
Since the audio sink has been set to the PLAYING state allready, its
start time is not synced to the video.

How can we assure that both sinks have the same start time? I have a
feeling that the mpeg system stream PTS and/or DTS should be added to
the buffers. The video and audio sink should then adjust their clocks to
this value. Is this my correct understanding of the PTS/DTS and the sync
of clocks?

Regards,
Wim

--
A real person has two reasons for doing anything ... a good reason and
the real reason.