[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] gstreamer wtay

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Thu Jul 13 18:49:16 CEST 2000

"Myers W. Carpenter" wrote:
> Wim Taymans wrote:
> > hopefully fix an mmx compilation problem.
>
>         Fixed it for me, at least.  Havn't tried any mpeg2 stream tho.

	I dug some up from the libmpeg2 pages.

	http://heroine.linuxave.net/titanic512.mpg

	So far the only one I've downloaded (I'm on the bad side of a 28.8 for
the next 5 weeks :(), but it doesn't work.  Here's the output:

numbers:~/video-hacking/gstreamer/gstplay$ ./gstplay ~/titanic512.mpg
gsttypes: loaded 3 standard types
gstelements: loaded 14 standard elements
mpeg1parse: finding 'mpeg1parse' plugin
mpeg1parse: added 'mpeg1parse' element
mpeg2parse: added 'mpeg2parse' element
mp1videoparse: added 'mp1videoparse' element
mp3parse: added 'mp3parse' element
parseavi: added 'parseavi' element
parseavi: added 'video/avi' type
videosink: added 'videosink' element
videosink: found 16 bits display
videosink: using 16 bits image 16 bits/pixel
GstBin: adding complete element -
GstElement: set 'video_render_thread' state 1
GstBin: adding complete element -
GstElement: set 'main_pipeline' state 1
gstthread: turning ON the creation of the thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
GstBin: adding complete element -
GstElement: set 'audio_render_thread' state 1
gstthread: turning ON the creation of the thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
should be using file '/home/myers/titanic512.mpg'
GstElement: set 'disk_src' state 1
setting to PREROLL state
GstElement: set 'video_render_queue' state 8
GstElement: set 'show' state 8
GstElement: set 'video_render_thread' state 8
GstElement: set 'audio_render_queue' state 8
GstElement: set 'play_audio' state 8
GstElement: set 'audio_render_thread' state 8
GstElement: set 'disk_src' state 8
GstElement: set 'typefind' state 8
GstElement: set 'main_pipeline' state 8
setting to RUNNING state
GstPipeline: preparing pipeline "main_pipeline" for iterations:
GstPipeline: preparing pipeline "main_pipeline" for playing
GstElement: set 'video_render_queue' state 2
GstElement: set 'show' state 2
GstElement: set 'video_render_thread' state 2
gstthread: preparing thread "video_render_thread" for iterations:
gstthread: element "video_render_queue" is the external source
Connection for internal element "show"
gstthread: have 1 entries into thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
gstthread: starting thread "video_render_thread"
GstElement: set 'audio_render_queue' state 2
audiosink: attempting to open sound device
audiosink: setting sound card to 44100KHz 16 bit stereo (65536 bytes
buffer, 4096 fragment)
audiosink: Capabilities
audiosink:   Full duplex
audiosink:   Trigger
audiosink:   Direct access
audiosink: opened audio
GstElement: set 'play_audio' state 2
GstElement: set 'audio_render_thread' state 2
gstthread: preparing thread "audio_render_thread" for iterations:
gstthread: element "audio_render_queue" is the external source
Connection for internal element "play_audio"
gstthread: have 1 entries into thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
gstthread: starting thread "audio_render_thread"
gstthread: thread "video_render_thread" is running with PID 1895
GstElement: set 'disk_src' state 2
GstElement: set 'typefind' state 2
GstElement: set 'main_pipeline' state 2
gst_typefind_chain: got buffer of 4096 bytes in 'typefind'
gsttypefind: try type :10
gsttypefind: try type :9
gsttypefind: try type :8
gsttypefind: try type :7
gsttypefind: try type :6
gsttypefind: try type :5
gsttypefind: try type :4
gsttypefind: found type :4
have type 4:video/mpeg-system video/mpeg1-system video/mpeg
***** a new pad audio_00 was created
gstthread: thread "audio_render_thread" is running with PID 1896
mpg123: added 'mpg123' element
initialized layer1&2 tables
initializing with down_sample_sblimit 32
finished building decode tables
GstBin: adding complete element -
GstElement: set 'audio_thread' state 1
gstthread: turning ON the creation of the thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
setting to RUNNING state
GstElement: set 'parse_audio' state 2
GstElement: set 'decode_audio' state 2
GstElement: set 'audio_thread' state 2
gstthread: preparing thread "audio_thread" for iterations:
gstthread: element "audio_queue" is the external source Connection for
internal element "parse_audio"
gstthread: have 1 entries into thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
gstthread: starting thread "audio_thread"
gstthread: thread "audio_thread" is running with PID 1897
***** a new pad video_00 was created
mpeg_play: added 'mpeg_play' element
GstBin: adding complete element -
GstElement: set 'video_thread' state 1
gstthread: turning ON the creation of the thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
setting to RUNNING state
GstElement: set 'parse_video' state 2
GstElement: set 'decode_video' state 2
GstElement: set 'video_thread' state 2
gstthread: preparing thread "video_thread" for iterations:
gstthread: element "video_queue" is the external source Connection for
internal element "parse_video"
gstthread: have 1 entries into thread
gstthread: flags are 0x00010008
gstthread: starting thread "video_thread"
GstElement: set 'mpeg1_system_parse' state 1
gstplay: element "mpeg1_system_parse" state changed 1
gstplay: setting to PLAYING state
GstElement: set 'video_render_queue' state 16
GstElement: set 'show' state 16
GstElement: set 'video_render_thread' state 16
gstthread: starting thread "video_render_thread"
GstElement: set 'audio_render_queue' state 16
GstElement: set 'play_audio' state 16
GstElement: set 'audio_render_thread' state 16
gstthread: starting thread "audio_render_thread"
GstElement: set 'disk_src' state 16
GstElement: set 'mpeg1_system_parse' state 16
gstplay: element "mpeg1_system_parse" state changed 16
GstElement: set 'audio_queue' state 16
GstElement: set 'parse_audio' state 16
GstElement: set 'decode_audio' state 16
GstElement: set 'audio_thread' state 16
gstthread: starting thread "audio_thread"
GstElement: set 'video_queue' state 16
GstElement: set 'parse_video' state 16
GstElement: set 'decode_video' state 16
GstElement: set 'video_thread' state 16
gstthread: starting thread "video_thread"
GstElement: set 'main_pipeline' state 16
gstplay: PLAYING
gstthread: thread "video_thread" is running with PID 1898
DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 1
DEBUG: MPEG2 detected
DEBUG: sequence extension
DEBUG:   profile_and_level_indication=72
DEBUG:     profile=4, level=8
DEBUG:   progressive_sequence=0
DEBUG:   chroma_format=1
DEBUG:   horizontal_size_extension=0
DEBUG:   vertical_size_extension=0
DEBUG:   bit_rate_extension=0
DEBUG:   vbv_buffer_size_extension=0
DEBUG:   low_delay=0
DEBUG:   frame_rate_extension_n=0
DEBUG:   frame_rate_extension_d=0
DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 2
DEBUG: sequence display extension
DEBUG:   video_format=2
DEBUG:   color_description=1
DEBUG:     color_primaries=5
DEBUG:     transfer_characteristics=5
DEBUG:     matrix_coefficients=4
DEBUG:   display_horizontal_size=360
DEBUG:   display_vertical_size=160
DEBUG: mpeg_play:util extension ID = 8
DEBUG: picture coding extension
DEBUG:   forward horizontal f_code=15
DEBUG:   forward vertical f_code=15
DEBUG:   backward horizontal f_code=15
DEBUG:   backward_vertical f_code=15
DEBUG:   intra_dc_precision=0
DEBUG:   picture_structure=3
DEBUG:   top_field_first=1
DEBUG:   frame_pred_frame_dct=0
DEBUG:   concealment_motion_vectors=0
DEBUG:   q_scale_type=1
DEBUG:   intra_vlc_format=1
DEBUG:   alternate_scan=0
DEBUG:   repeat_first_field=0
DEBUG:   chroma_420_type=0
DEBUG:   progressive_frame=0
DEBUG:   composite_display_flag=0
FIXME: need to adjust the quantizer scale 14

and then it segfaults.

bt from gdb:

#0  0x406e1385 in ParseReconBlock ()
   from
/home/myers/video-hacking/gstreamer/./plugins/mpeg1/mpeg_play/.libs/libmpeg_play.so
#1  0x406ebed4 in __DTOR_END__ ()
   from
/home/myers/video-hacking/gstreamer/./plugins/mpeg1/mpeg_play/.libs/libmpeg_play.so
Cannot access memory at address 0x7824803.

	Yell at me if this doesn't help :)

		myers
--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.