[gst-devel] Re: [vorbis-dev] HTTP streaming / mime type

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Mon Jul 31 19:39:16 CEST 2000

Anthony Arcieri wrote:

> > The only way to check would be with the MIME type or give each plugin
> > the first few kbytes of the stream and see which one can decode the
> > audio.
>
> The media architecture I'm developing tests for which codec to use using
> leading context, either by magic numbers or by an identification function.
> This leading context is buffered until a positive match has been made, at
> which point the buffered data is passed on to the proper module.
>
> On a similar note, I was wondering if anyone could think of a case where a
> fixed amount of leading context would be unworkable for identifying a
> stream.

Hi,
	I was just wondering about this media architecture you a working on.
Is it a public project?  Are you working under linux or another
platform?
	I've been following the gstreamer project
(http://gstreamer.sourceforge.net) which is another media architecture
in the works for Linux.   You may be intrested in seeing what they have
done so far, to see if maybe this is the same kind of project.  If it is
I'm sure they wouldn't mind the extra help, if you wanted to work with
them.

		myers

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.