[gst-devel] MS MPEG4 codec (was: Semi-off-topic ramblings)

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Tue May 16 00:53:46 CEST 2000

>         Also I wonder about the legality.  If we don't look at the header files
> from an SDK and everyone downloads it from the web from the proper
> people and installs this themselves I think we'll be in the clear, but
> I'm pretty sure that only slept thru only normal college classses and
> not an law school classes :).

	I just got the wmtools.exe to see the EULA.  It says basicly that you
are only licenced to use it if you have a Windoze license.  Wine won't
finish extracting the files in there so not totally sure what files are
there.
	If we got mpeg4 decoding working we'd have an overnight userbase in the
1000's :).  Hopeful not a lawsuit as well.

		myers

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.