[gst-devel] GObject migration

Erik Walthinsen omega at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Nov 22 07:24:02 CET 2000

GTK+ 2.0 is coming up, and among other things it has the new GObject
library.  This partially came out of a discussion on gtk-list that I
triggered almost a year ago, so it kinda seems a shame not to use it ;-)

There is no documentation currently, so one of the things I'll be doing at
some point is trying to go and build the gst object hierarchy from scratch
using GObject, and see if it's got the features we need.  Specifically,
I'd love to have multiple interfaces, for obvious reasons.  If that works
out, we can convert the whole thing over.  If it doesn't, I'll probably
have a long list of things that need fixing.  This is an argument for me
doing this rather shortly, since they probably don't want me coming to
them with a long list of things to fix a week before 2.0 comes out ;-)

Regardless, this is a post-0.1.0 issue, but something to keep in mind.

         Erik Walthinsen <omega at cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user