wim.taymans at chello.be
Wed Oct 4 19:15:32 CEST 2000
I suggest we try to concentrate on the following things first:
1. getting gstplay in an acceptable state (me + anyone?)
- make it use the autoplugging features
- make menu options work better.
- maybe view media = show the editor in non-editing mode.
- preferences: I have no idea.
2. get the API stable
- should be quite stable right now. No major API changes
- need to change autoplugging for multiple sinks (internal)
- need to create queues/threads for autoplugging. I will
try to handle this by adding a GST_PAD_SUGGEST_THREAD flag
to the pads (good/bad idea?) also quite internal (me)
3. build procedure (Richard?)
- make sure MMX is dynamically selected at runtime.
4. getting docs 100% OK (me + everybody). If something is not
clear about GStreamer, the docs are wrong/incomplete and need
fixing. document the plugins.
5. prepare completely new web-site. (anybody?)
- complete editor
- mp3parse/mp1parse/... cleanup
- everything else.
When this is finished, people will have a stable API, 100% documented,
something that compiles and runs and if they are still in doubt, they can
look at a real application :-)
I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!
More information about the gstreamer-devel