[gst-devel] PowerPC and getbits

Richard Boulton richard.boulton at open.muscat.com
Sat Sep 16 03:28:36 CEST 2000

Chris Emerson and I've been trying to get GStreamer going on PPC tonight,
as you could probably tell by the CVS commits...

Have got most things to work, we think, but am a bit stuck on the
gstgetbits stuff.  There's a file, gstgetbits_i386.s, containing
assembly implementations of various functions, but no comments or
fall-back C code to explain what they do.  We can't work it out -
could someone explain what's meant to be done here?

I think that this is the sole remaining thing getting the core of
GStreamer going on PPC: there are a few issues with some of the
plugins (notably mpeg2enc) too.

--
Richard