[gst-devel] another question

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Fri Apr 13 16:33:26 CEST 2001

So I found some sort of volume plugin in plugins/effects/volume.

I changed the helloworld example to connect this volume plugin.

Naturally it doesn't do much at the moment.  I can see from the volume
source that I can set attributes, namely active and volume.  I'm just not
clear on how to set them.

I've tried doing it directly with gst_volume_set_arg, but then I should
have a prototype in my helloworld.c, so that doesn't seem the right way to
do it.

Then I saw that every plugin has a line like (GtkArgSetFunc) which
indicates there's a standard method of setting plugin arguments, but the
examples/plugin.h mentions it's deprecated.

So, my question : how can I set the volume parameter of the volume plugin
?

thanks in advance,
thomas

Oh what do you do