[gst-devel] Bug in documentation

Alok Jerome Saldanha alokito at Stanford.EDU
Sat Apr 14 21:34:59 CEST 2001

Hello,

I've been playing around with video editing in linux for about 20
hours, and I think GStreamer rules! It's an excellent concept, and I
hope it comes to fruitition.

I noticed a couple bugs when trying to compile the example program,

http://www.gstreamer.net/docs/manual/gstreamer-manual/cha-hello.html

I compiled using

gstreamer-0.1.1-1.i386.rpm
gstreamer-devel-0.1.1-1.i386.rpm

The two bugs were

1)line 7 or so,

	eos (GstSrc *src)

should be

	eos (GstElement * src)

2) in order to use exit(), I had to #include <stdlib.h>, otherwise I got
 a "helloworld.c:19: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'"
 warning.

As a general note, I think there should be a repository of gstreamer
applications.. If there is one, it needs to be better publicized on
the web page.

	-Alok