[gst-devel] no output from simple application- program exits quickly

Alok Jerome Saldanha alokito at Stanford.EDU
Sun Apr 15 02:34:00 CEST 2001

Hello,

I have been writing a simple application to strip ac3 audio from a
mpeg2 file and play it. However, this program doesn't produce any
output! In fact, I noticed a similar problem when running mp2tomp1
from the tests directory. I get output like this:

[remote at miniprep test]$ ./mp2tomp1 ../../test.mpg test2.mpg
have 3 args
INFO: Initializing GStreamer Core Library
INFO: CPU features: MMX
should be using file '../../test.mpg'
should be using output file 'test2.mpg'
setting to READY state
***** a new pad video_0 was created
GstIDCT: using fast_int_idct
mpeg2dec: using normal motion compensation
GstIDCT: using float_idct
mpeg2enc: setting framerate for encoding to 25
setting to READY state

***** a new pad private_stream_1.0 was created
mpegaudio: Encoding configuration:
mpegaudio: Layer=II   mode=stereo   extn=0   psy model=2
mpegaudio: samp frq=44.1 kHz   total bitrate=384 kbps
mpegaudio: de-emph=0   c/right=0   orig=0   errprot=0
mpegaudio: slots/frame = 1253
mpegaudio: frac SpF=0.878, tot bitrate=384 kbps, s freq=44.1 kHz
mpegaudio: Fractional number of slots, padding required
setting to READY state

have eos, quitting

However, the output happens really quickly, and nothing is written to
disk! Could this have something to do with the fact that I have a
multiprocessor computer? What can I do to fix it?

	-Alok