[gst-devel] 1394(firewire) source added

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Apr 19 21:51:56 CEST 2001

For those not on gst-cvs, I just added the first of two pieces needed to
use DV camcorders: the 1394src.  I can now get the full isochronous data
from my DV camcorder via my cardbus firewire card, into a GStreamer
pipeline.  It's checked in and ready to go.

The other piece comes tomorrow, when I go to OGI again to work with Buck
Krasic (the current maintainer of the libdv decoder that I started) and
others to build a libdv plugin for GStreamer.  I expect to be able to show
live video from a DV camcorder on a the screen of a sufficiently fast
machine tomorrow.  That also means I can attempt to encode some of the
video I shot at GUADEC in MPEG-1.

Neat stuff ;-)

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __