[gst-devel] What projects are underway?

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Apr 23 01:11:24 CEST 2001

On 2001.04.23 00:50:10 +0200 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Video editing is not about widgets.
> > Video-editing is about some simple buttons which trigger a function.
> The
> > function BELOW that button is what video editing is all about. If it
> wasn't
>
> I know, I just said that for the GUI, it's easier to use Gnome rather
> than GTK+ because it leaves you concentrate on what's important: the
> functionality, rather than the details of the GUI.

I don't see how gnome could make things easier than gtk...

> > for the people who want GUIs all the time (I'm one of them ;-), I could
> > make a console-driven video editor...
>
> heh, and how would you preview ? with the "nobody-has-been-crazy-enough"
> aalib based output for gstreamer =P

A popup window or whatever. I'm not saying I would not use X at all I'm
just saying that you don't need advanced widgets for a video editor :-)

> > The only widget I'm having problems with now is one for scene-cutting.
> But
> > gnome/bonobo doesn't seem to have it too. (I need a scrollbar with
> three
> > thicks instead of one)
>
> Like the gradient editor in GIMP has ?

yes, but then only two of such things and one normal scrollbar (gtk_scale)

Ronald

--
--   .-.    | Ronald Bultje                        |