[gst-devel] Status of CVS version?

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Mon Apr 23 19:56:19 CEST 2001

I'm new to gstreamer and am trying to become familiar with it. The
architecture, documentation, debugging facilities and development tool
make it very compelling.

Could somebody comment on the status of the following? The archives
didn't help me much.

Status of gstmediaplayer?
    For me, it plays .mp3 files, but seg faults on unencrypted .vob's.
Vers 0.1.1 plays them, but with sporadic audio.

Status of alsasink?
    For me, it crashes during initialization.

Status of editor?
    For me, on loading, it complains of lots of missing signal handlers
(i.e on_about_activate). This is all stuff I'd expect to see in the
glade-generated callbacks.c, but there isn't any. After loading, it
doesn't appear functional.

Status of the stuff in test/ ? Especially, mpeg2parse and mpeg2parse2

If somebody could confirm that these are known to work (or not to
work),  I'll go back and try to figure out what I did wrong in the
install. As recommended, I haven't done a "make install" and am running
everything from the build directories.

Thanks,
Steve