[gst-devel] problems running autogen.sh on Solaris (for GStreamer)

Christian Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sun Aug 5 16:45:56 CEST 2001

I people,
I am trying to get GStreamer to build on my Solaris (Intel) box
but I am facing the following error running autogen.sh.

If anyone have any suggestions for solving this I would really
appreciate it.

Christian

bash-2.03$ ./autogen.sh
-n Checking for patched automake...

Unable to check whether automake is appropriately patched.
Your version of automake may need to have a patch applied.
Read the README file for more explanation.

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 192: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 195: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 290: macro `AM_PATH_ESD' not found in library

aclocal failed - check that all needed development files are present on
system