[gst-devel] GstTimeCache intro

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sun Aug 12 05:40:54 CEST 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> That mostly sounds OK.  My application has its own data to attach to
> each bookmark.  i assume i can write my own XML routines for save/load?
> In other words, a bookmark should not be an opaque object.
Would a single gpointer be sufficient in addition to the timestamp and
location?  A function pointer would the be called while saving each entry.

On the other hand, I'm not certain that the timecache is the best way to
do this.  It sounds more like you want to build a bookmarking-specific
data structure with its own timestamps.  The TimeCache is mostly for
internal mapping done by a parser element, to enable seeking...

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_