[gst-devel] Componentization

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Aug 15 12:11:14 CEST 2001

At 05:26 15-08-2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:53:04 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Can you tell me what your ideas are for gathering metadata from streams ?
>I was wondering about this too while researching Kino integration. We need
>to deal with metadata in video files. Also, could metadata embedded into a
>stream trigger an event in the new event system. For example, a gap in
>timecode could trigger a scene change.

I don't see the point of scenes or any such fancy thing in the core of gst
or a "supposed-to-be-simple" lib like gstplay. libgstplat is supposed to be a
player and could maybe fetch things like movie title, author, copyright
info from
the stream. But isn't something like scenes completely out-of-scope for
libgstplay?

Ronald

P.S. lavsink/lavsrc is being worked on, mjpeg development is just taking a
rush so
I didn't have much time yet to work on it - but it's being worked on :-) -
the libs
themselves are already functional)