[gst-devel] GStreamer 0.3.0 build showstoppers

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Thu Dec 6 15:39:01 CET 2001

Hi,
I am writing this mail to sum up what still is missing on the build side
for 0.3.0 to be released (the functionality side comes after :)

1. GUI apps are not buildable with libglade 0.17. Thomas Vander Stichele
is currently working on fixing this, but any help is probably more than
welcome.

2. The sdlsink plugin fails. Think this is same problem Wim fixed for
the silence and openquicktime plugins.
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -O3 -ffast-math -finline-functions
-I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -c
sdlvideosink.c -MT libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.TPlo   -fPIC -DPIC -o
libsdlvideosink_la-sdlvideosink.lo
In file included from sdlvideosink.h:24,
                 from sdlvideosink.c:27:
../../gst/gst.h:27:18: glib.h: No such file or directory

3. The rtp plugin seems not to be part of the build system, it does
build fine however doing a make in the directory. I have also made an
rpm of the librtp library which can be found at:
http://gstreamer.net/releases/0.3.0/prereq/