[gst-devel] wrobell's work on the build system

wrobell wrobell at ite.pl
Sat Dec 8 16:17:02 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 12:53:36AM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 12:53:36AM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
[...]
> My original patch forced people to use XML_CFLAGS/LIBS and GLIB_CFLAGS/LIBS
> in Makefile.am files. I have analyzed this after you have applied the
> patch. I think that it is not good idea:
[...]
> So I think that it is better to have GST_CFLAGS/LIBS which
> will contain XML/GLIB stuff. When somebody wants to compile
> some external application, then gstreamer-config will be used
> and vars like GST_CFLAGS/LIBS. If such scheme is going to
> be used externally in several projects... why not internally?
> Please note that I really removed CORE_CFLAGS/LIBS. There
> is no need for them. There are private libgst.so LIBGST_CFLAGS/LIBS flags
> and for plugins/apps/examples should be used GST_CFLAGS/GST_LIBS.
Just for clarification...
When I write GST_CFLAGS/LIBS=XML_CFLAGS/LIBS+GLIB_CFLAGS/LIBS, then
read it as GST_CFLAGS=XML_CFLAGS+GLIB_CFLAGS and the same for libs.

Next thing. I am trying to simplify configure.{base,ac} with
AM_PATH_<package> stuff, i.e. AM_PATH_VORBIS, AM_PATH_LIBMIKMOD,
AM_PATH_MAD, etc.

    wrobell <wrobell at ite.pl>