[gst-devel] events for mad

Joshua N Pritikin noreply at eth.net
Sat Dec 8 23:45:03 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 02:27:28AM -0500, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Hi vishnu, hope life is treating you well.

Yes, certainly.  :-)

> 2) osssink, alsasink, and others can deal with events and it is useful.

i don't know about alsasink, but osssink (Nov23) still uses the old
event API which considers any and all events as reason to pause.

> 3) so in general keep pushing the event along. if a downstream plugin
> can't deal with it it needs fixing.

Yes, but why not take a half-step forward and commit my mad patch?
Once the down-stream plugins are converted then we can turn on
event forwarding.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org