[gst-devel] 28th December and 0.3.1 sooner than you think

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Sun Dec 23 11:23:45 CET 2001

* Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org> [20011222 06:02]:
> Our 0.3.1 release on 28th of December is much closer than you think so I
> strongly urge those of you with tasks on the dotplan to get them done as
> soon as possible.  I know it is probably easy to think that you have
> time in the days to come during Christmas, but those days has a tendency
> to get filled up with everything from visiting Grandma's to your cousins
> 4 and 7 years old kids wanting to meet their ubercool relative.

So we have massive build changes involving complete new build trees and
packages, xml/xslt doc changes, {libxml,glib,gtk,gnome}2 updates,
deprecation of various plugins via complete removal from source base,
and many numerous small core changes from our prolific uberhacker wtay.
Doesn't this sound like a 0.4.0 release?  Not that it really matters...
but for PR purposes maybe 0.4.0 is better.

Are we going to track versions between core and plugins?  One point of
this whole split thing has been we can do seperate release cycles.  So
should we start plugins off at 0.1.0?  I imagine people will say no.
But then when we start having 0.4.5 core vs 0.4.8 plugins people will
get confused.  Oh well.

Any bets on us making the artificial 28th deadline? ;)

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/
Computer Engineering Graduate @ Virginia Tech in sunny Blacksburg, VA