[gst-devel] List of current issues

Myers W. Carpenter myers at fil.org
Fri Feb 2 23:10:10 CET 2001

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 10:26:13PM +0100, Wim Taymans wrote:
> On 02 Feb 2001 22:25:16 +0100, Dennis Smit wrote:
> > "Myers W. Carpenter" wrote:
> >
> > > Here's one to add:
> > >         - No where in the docs does it tell you how to initialize your
> > > registry.
> >
> > Read the summary again and see "- Docs" and you can do this with
> > "gstreamer-register"
>
> If only there wasn't a serious bug in the 0.1.0 tarball that sets the
> wrong permissions
> to the /etc/gstreamer directory :)

numbers:~$ ls /etc/gstreamer/ -ld
drwxr--r--   2 root     root         1024 Feb  1 21:50 /etc/gstreamer/

	What is it supposed to be?  755 right?  So now it's

numbers:~$ ls -ld /etc/gstreamer/
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root         1024 Feb  2 17:02 /etc/gstreamer/

	I just tried it an gstreamer-register again.  I swear I tried it
twice last night with the same output to the console as I just did now, but
this time it created /etc/gstreamer/reg.xml

	Very odd.  Oh well.  Now I can start playing with it agian.  I think
I might try to write a source for my ATI All-in-wonder card (uses some sort
of Xv function to do input rather than v4l).

	myers

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.