[gst-devel] Synchronisation Question

Andrew Stevens Andrew.Stevens at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 16:11:22 CET 2001

Dear gstreamers,

The project I'm developing on (mjpeg.sourceforge.net) currently uses the
usual *ix ad-hocery to provide tools MJPEG capture/simple editting and
MPEG encoding.   Gstreamer would seem the obvious home.  However, I'm a
bit unclear from a glance over the archives as to the feasibility of
some necessary synchronisation mechansims.

The key issues would be:

- Accurately synchronising muxing of audio and video from capture
hardware based on time-stamp information.

- Communicating sync adjustment information from the demux to the muxing
stages of transcoding pipelines.

Are there any thoughts or work in progress on these issues?

many thanks,

	Andrew