[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] gstreamer omegahacker

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Wed Feb 14 19:36:56 CET 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 02:28:40AM -0500, Lee Brown wrote:
> Mesa did something similar (1.4c) and it caused all sorts of problems and I
> believe they (recently)
> changed back to 1.4 so people wouldn't have trouble compiling it.

Fair enough, though 1.4c was a CVS version (b,d,f,h,... are releases,
a,c,e,g,... are development), so that's not entirely surprising...

In theory, only developers should need to update; anyone using a
stable version of GStreamer would have no need.

Perhaps its best to wait for 1.5, though.  Meanwhile, I'll keep checking
that we build correctly with the latest automakes.

--
Richard