[gst-devel] Re: Voice over IP

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sat Jan 13 00:43:35 CET 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Christoph Held wrote:

> I just took a brief look on gstreamer libary. Great work! I was wondering if
> it could be used for an Voice of IP applikation. I was also wondering if the
> framework could be used for KDE2 apps - at least part of it.

Yup, it could definitely be used for VoIP, with the proper plugins.  Just
plug stuff together with the appropriate glue application, and you're set.

As for KDE, gstreamer is currently tied to Gtk+, but that's something we
hope to remedy when Glib 2.0 is closer to ready.  From there the
dependencies are plugin-specific, so you just need a Qt videosink instead
of a Gdk videosink, etc.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator