[gst-devel] Re: gstreamer problem

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Sat Jan 13 22:31:56 CET 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, amael wrote:

> hmmm, my output is:
> -I/opt/gnome/include/gnome-xml
> -L/opt/gnome/lib -lxml -lz
OK, good, that's what I expected.

> uhm, okay...which file should i edit to look for parser.h ? sorry if
> that's a stupid question. anyway, thanks for your help!
> best,
Hmmmm, this is a tough one.  You can greb through gstreamer/gst/*.c to
find the files to change, but then all the plugins will start failing,
because they don't have the right include path.  I spent several hours
last night and will spend several more today, completely revamping the
whole mess as far as LIBS and CFLAGS, but that'll be in CVS only.

My suggestion would be to not change any sources, but the configure.in
file.  Find the line that says something on the order of :

CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -O6 -Wall"

And add a '-I/opt/gnome/include' to the end of it, inside the double
quotes.  Then run 'autoconf', and re-run configure.  That should solve the
problem reasonably well.

Let me know if it doesn't ;-)

TTYL,
    Omega