[gst-devel] FLAMES: Fwd: Re: GStreamer

Andrew Mitchell ajmitch at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 15 10:18:41 CET 2001

Messages from kde-multimedia (opinions of individual developers only,
remember , not all KDE developers are bad :) )

Subject: Re: GStreamer
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:59:28 -0800
From: Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
To: kde-multimedia at max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

I'm fairly certain that the GNU/Gnome people are pure evil.  Now not only are
they FUDing KDE to hell, but they also pretend to go around and help aRts "in
the hope that gnome will use it too", but then they go off the GStreamer,
which can't be nearly of the quality of aRts.

-Charles

On Thursday 11 January 2001 08:52 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> http://news.gnome.org/gnome-news/979174768/
>
> --
>
> GStreamer "Slipstream" 0.1.0 is a streaming-media framework which allows
> developers to construct arbitrary graph of filters to process media in
> just about any way you can think of. A long list of cool features and a
> huge (and growing) selection of plugins makes it able to play anything
> from mp3 files to DVD and DiVX ;-) movies, out of the box.

[snip]