[gst-devel] Device enumeration (again)

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Tue Jan 16 10:20:26 CET 2001

I realized that dynamic pipelines are going to require manipulation of the
pipeline during READY state.  This is also a requirement for dynamic
autoplugging.  That means that we'll have to be able to deal with that
anyway.  For devices that need to be opened in order to enumerate them and
construct pads and such (like audio and video sinks), we can simply
require that they be in READY before they can do anything.  We might have
an element signal for situations like this.

Comments?

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_