[gst-devel] EOS signal

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Wed Jul 11 18:52:51 CEST 2001

On 11 Jul 2001 17:58:39 +0200, Jérémy SIMON wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   For the mikmod plugin, I use the function
> gst_pad_pullregion to get buffer from sink . It seems
> that disksrc can't detect the end of file and then
> don't emit EOS.

disksrc doesn't signal the EOS signal, partly because EOS is broken
currently (soon to be replaced with an event system) and partly because
pullregion assumes that the element performing the pull has a notion of
when/where/what to pull anyways.

Looking at the source of gstdisksrc you could get away with it by
checking the EOS flag on the buffer that was pulled...

Hope this helps,

Wim