[gst-devel] Slimming

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Thu Jun 21 07:51:32 CEST 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> Huh?
> Generating XML is much easier than parsing it.  When i wrote an XML
> generator in perl, i needed only about 40 lines of generic code to
> complement to the application specific stuff.

Oh, of course.  I know that ;-)

I'm just pointing out that someone has to go write it.  Not that it's
hard, but the issue is that glib has a scheduled freeze in less than 10
days, and getting them to include a <10day old API into glib is gonna be
tricky.  If you're interested it hacking up a generator API and the code
behind it, please do so ;-)  I'll help get it in glib if possible.  I
might even give it a try myself, if I have some time.

TTYL,
    Omega

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __