[gst-devel] GStreamer on FreeBSD 4.3

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at chello.be
Thu Jun 21 13:18:47 CEST 2001

On 21 Jun 2001 12:31:01 +0700, Andrew Artemyev wrote:
> Hello all!!!
>
> I can`t build GStreamer under FreeBSD 4.3-Stable.
> I have instaled wine_2001.05.10.
> Building logs are attached to message.
>

> Without wine GStreamer bilds normaly, but when i tray to start
> gstmediaplay i get error message:
>
>     "Fatal error 'siglongjmp()ing between thread contects is undefined
> by POSIX 1003.1
>     at line ? in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_jmp.c (errno=?)
>     Abort"
I think you need to compile gstreamer against the linux-threads package
to solve this particular error. Somehow the BSD thread implementation
doesn't like out cothread/longjmp stuff.

<snip>

> --------------060500090607000308070809
> gstelement.c: In function `gst_element_class_init':
> gstelement.c:142: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
> gstautoplugger.c:204: warning: `gst_autoplugger_external_sink_connected' defined but not used
> gstautoplugger.c:229: warning: `gst_autoplugger_external_src_connected' defined but not used
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is stupid.
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()

This is interesting... need to investigate.. I assume they are "only"
warnings...

<snip lots of wine crap>
> gmake[3]: *** [win32.lo] Error 1
> gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I'm about to remove the wine crap from the gstreamer CVS version now in
favour of linking against libavifile. I hope this would solve this
problem (assuming avifile compiles on BSD of course).