[gst-devel] configure.base prototype

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Jun 25 21:58:26 CEST 2001

* Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> [20010625 15:43]:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Richard Boulton wrote:
> > We'd get something like:
> > GST_CHECK(esd, [enable esound plugins], esdsrc esdsink,
> > [AM_PATH_ESD(0.2.12, HAVE_GSTTESTLIB=yes, HAVE_GSTTESTLIB=no]
> I think it needsa lot more stuff than that:
>
> GST_CHECK(libesd,LIBESD,[esound plugins],esdsrc esdsink,[
>   esd_save_LIBS=$LIBS
>   esd_save_CFLAGS=$CFLAGS
>   AM_PATH_ESD(0.2.12, HAVE_LIBESD=yes, HAVE_LIBESD=no)
>   LIBS=$esd_save_LIBS
>   CFLAGS=$esd_save_CFLAGS
> ])

I don't know enough about m4 macros... can you autogenerate the _save_
stuff?  Is there a case where we -don't- want to do that?  Based on the
way ALSA macros work I think you should add prefixes too, else you clash
with their own saving.  For esd it would be nice to be able to just pass
in 'esd' and do string concat and upcase and so on to get HAVE_LIBESD
and gst_esd_save_* vars.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/