[gst-devel] [Caution: new guy on list] VideoConferencing

Brian Fahrlander brian at leelumber.com
Sun Mar 4 23:08:54 CET 2001

Leon van Stuivenberg wrote:

> Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> > vice-versa; it's not like I need some multiparty-chat thing, just a
> > simple way she can click on something that says "talk with dad" and
> > start the conversation.
>
> Maybe also have a look at openh323.org?

    Yeah, that's where I got connected to RAT and SDR.  Most of what
I've read about Gstreamer it's a way to play stored files through
author's plugins to various output devices (with/without editing, etc).

    But if these plugins are written cleverly enough, the distinction
between network congestion delays and drive access delays become
unclear.

    Is this really such a task that Allen Cox and Linus himself dare to
look upon it?  Because at some point millions of Microsoft minions will
be using it, and it's an area in which Linux lags far, far behind.
CU-SEEME is out...for whatever reason they've all but abandoned support
for Linux at this point.  What they DO have is so old it reminds me of
the new stuff coming out of SCO.

    :)

Brian Fahrlander                             Linux Zealot, Conservative,
Chicago, IL                                       and Stranded Technomad
ICQ 5119262                       http://www.kamakiriad.com/aboutme.html