[gst-devel] Gstreamer an distributed computing

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Mon Mar 5 20:18:00 CET 2001

On 3 Mar 2001, stefan.p at noos.fr wrote:

> So I though we could have a RandomSource & a RandomSink wich could
> interoperate with Gstreamer... Would the Gstreamer project need to
> have distributed storage ? Do you have that in mind already ? How easy
> do you think it would be to implement ?

I guess I'm still a little fuzzy as to what the Random system does, but it
should be pretty easy to create a source/sink pair for GStreamer to use
it.  There are several applications that could make good use of a nice
distributed filesystem, primarily large video processing systems.

As long as you can provide a simple file interface, i.e. read N bytes from
the stream at offset M, you can quite simply create a source/sink pair.

Let us know if you need any help or more information, we'll be glad to help.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_