[gst-devel] GStreamer for use in telephony

zaheer at grid9.net zaheer at grid9.net
Tue Mar 6 12:42:31 CET 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Brian Fahrlander wrote:

> zaheer at grid9.net wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> >
> > >  When you guys get some code, let me know- I'll beta test it for ya.
> >
> > We have a stable release of PreViking, without any of the media
> > conversion or RTP streaming but is pretty powerful from an IVR and
> > switching department.  It can be downloaded from
> > http://www.bellworldwide.net/previking/
>
>     Hmmm. How much media background am I going to have to research to
> test this dude?  I'm going to take a look, but I'm probably going to
> need FAQs and ask a question or two...

No media background at all...it currently operates on telephony hardware
and media isn't streamed and is always in the format the hardware likes.

However that is what we want to change, we want the ability to play and
record audio from/to any format.  That is one of the reasons we are
interested in GStreamer.

Regards

Zaheer Merali
--
PreViking - open source telephony middleware
http://www.bellworldwide.net/previking/