[gst-devel] Stuff that needs doing...

Owen Fraser-Green owen at discobabe.net
Thu Mar 8 18:42:41 CET 2001

Hi,

> CORBA for the control signals is probably a good idea.  This is how
> PreViking 0.5 is doing it.  You could use RTCP for the control also...this
> would probably be easier to write and quicker..
>
> The media should go with RTP.  Thats what its for, and is a very elegant
> protocol that keeps things simple.

Dan George pointed out in a post a while back that CORBA could even be used
for the stream data too using the A/V Streams CORBAdomain. That will let
you carry the stream efficiently over RTP or, indeed, any transport.

The only problem is that it isn't implemented in ORBit and I have a feeling
it'll be an awful lot of work to do so. Could be more beneficial to the
GNOME project as a whole though. Right now I've started work on a bonobo
pipeline object but I'd be interested in helping address the stream
distribution problem next.

Regards,
Owen

     Owen  Fraser-Green             "Hard work never killed anyone,
     owen at discobabe.net              but why give it a chance?"