[gst-devel] Audio format identifiers and portability

zaheer at grid9.net zaheer at grid9.net
Tue Mar 13 11:26:24 CET 2001

Hi

I have noticed that in gst/meta/audioraw.h there is a:

#include <sys/soundcard.h>

This requires the existence of such a header file which may not be true if
you go to other *nix platforms and Win32 and others.  I suggest therefore
that we keep a registry of formats in the gst/meta/audioraw.h file like
AFMT_S16_LE and AFMT_MU_LAW etc. as #define's temporarily and maybe later
have a "nicer" way of keeping them.

I know I'm biased in that I'm not planning to use gstreamer for
outputting to sound cards, but I think this is important for many other
people too, especially any would be "porters" out there.

I personally would also like to see GStreamer apps running on Solaris.

Regards

Zaheer Merali
--
PreViking - open source telephony middleware
http://www.bellworldwide.net/previking/